Skip to main content

of being Carrot Head!!!

I have wanted to color my hair red for a long tym now...
You know like princess Merida or like that gurl in Suburgatory..or like Anne of Green gables..:)

With my straight flat mousy dark brown/black hair I can only dream...sighhh....
Or can color it, vibrant red..but then I always chicken out...:P
Have u read Lucy Maud Montgomery's ~ Anne of Green Gables.. Do u remember the scene where Anne colors her hair green wanting to get black hair..)...that scene stops me from from being vain or getting myself to experiment..:P


Well maybe I'll be vain...have been all my life..can give u way too many examples to u to even stop  caring about..:)
I'll let u know if I get it colored..or do something else with it...
So coming back to Anne of Green Gables...if u haven't red it u should...I read it when I was a kid..Anne for me was my heroine..I fell in love the moment she first appeared on railway station.

You cannot help but be charmed by her chatter, imagination, stubbornness,her getting in scrapes, her being in depths of despair..:P
And then when I watched the TV-movie I had a BIG crush on Gilbert Blythe..;)...I soo wanted him n Anne to get together...from the time he teased Anne for being carrot head...ahhh...

In my opinion every girl should read this...at least the first few books of the series.


That really gets to to check it out again. Maybe I'll read it today..or better will watch the TV series...:)
Hope u all are having good time!!!
I take ur leave with a quote from the book...I think u gonna love it...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm livin' in a house of love

So today I would like to share a little project I did a couple of days back... I am in love with love...:)..n I love taking photographs..So this project is the combination of two.. So for starters here's one more strip from love is .. series... We have a very narrow gallery wall in front our coat closet. Earlier I wanted to put some frames of our favorite photographs. But with only the frames, the wall looked a little empty. so I came up with the idea of adding something extra. I saw something similar on a blog  n wanted to make one for our home..Here's what I did.. 1. So I started with old newspaper,tissue papers, old printouts, catalogues, magazines, coupon booklet..anything that u fancy works...lotsa them...n a pair of scissors, some glue , threads..cut lotsa hearts the little ones, big ones, skinny ones, fat ones.. 2. Cut them free hand..drawing them takes more time and also its more fun cutting them free hand.. 3. I like...

Eye Exam!!!

So We went to Ophthalmologist(read eye doctor) today!!! It was my first real eye exam!!!and at 8.30 in morning..well I have nothing to say for that.. Hubby dearest was having his eyes tested so I tagged along with him.. I found it very funny and entertaining.. unlike the dental exams...:D..It went well!!! No specs yet..ALL IS WELL!! The difficult part was living with the dilated pupils for hours..At first when she squirted that yellow liquid and afterwards another one.. everything seemed normal..But when I couldn't even make out the date on my phone, it began to sink in... Imagine no laptop, no phone,no mails, NO FACEBOOK ;)... even cloudy Seattle seemed brighter..Everything was blurred..Even calling up my Maa was difficult as I couldn't make out her name!!!...It definitely took more than 3 hours that my doc said..:P.. n afterwards it wasn't much fun either...So I slept..Sleep is the best remedy to everything.. So my day started at 4 pm today..:D ...

Making Ghee (Clarified Butter) - From Butter

Indian Cuisine use Ghee in nearly every dish from savory Pulao/Biryanis to sweet Mithayis.  Traditionally in India Ghee is made from Cow's milk. Ghee has always been a sacred and celebrated symbol of auspiciousness, nourishment and healing; especially in the daily rituals of cooking and worship. It is thought of free from all impurities, milk residues(Lactose free), and moisture(high shelf life).                                            My mum makes Ghee from full cream that she carefully stores for days.  But here in US we don't cream when we heat the milk . So now I make Ghee at home from Unsalted butter which is quick and easy. I get unsalted butter from Costco...no one can beat Costco for their prices n quality. Ghee is clarified butter. and there is some difference between the two. Here's the process I use the make Ghee. 1. Get Uns...