Skip to main content

Desi Tadka...!!!

India seems to be the flavor of the season..looks like everyone is adding the desi tadka to their stuff..
First the Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2013 collection and then Marchesa's...
Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2013
Have you seen Marchesa's Spring 2013 collection...its sooo drool worthy...
Is there richer source of inspiration than India..the colors,the rich fabrics, the gorgeous embroidery..the collection was incredibly beautiful, chic n and quite wearable.. of course some of the pieces were quite literal but then..:D..I am intrigued on who, when and how it would be translated on editorials and red carpet...would be fun to watch..
So what do u have to say?? liked it??
lemme know..
Even the Vera Wang Spring 2013 collection was inspired from India...This was more restrained than the opulent Marchesa colection..more than embellishments it took inspiration from the jewel toned colors and dazzling textures..and was more aptly named as "Out of India"...

On a very different note from starved models of fashion world, I made Chilli Paneer yesterday..I enjoy my Chinese food with the quintessential Indian tadka..:D..the desi greasy street noodles are for me..:)..I usually make it dry as an appetizer but yesterday made it with lotsa gravy..came out pretty gud..still prefer the dry Chilli Paneer...
so I leave you the taste of desi food..:)
Have a wonderful day ahead...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm livin' in a house of love

So today I would like to share a little project I did a couple of days back... I am in love with love...:)..n I love taking photographs..So this project is the combination of two.. So for starters here's one more strip from love is .. series... We have a very narrow gallery wall in front our coat closet. Earlier I wanted to put some frames of our favorite photographs. But with only the frames, the wall looked a little empty. so I came up with the idea of adding something extra. I saw something similar on a blog  n wanted to make one for our home..Here's what I did.. 1. So I started with old newspaper,tissue papers, old printouts, catalogues, magazines, coupon booklet..anything that u fancy works...lotsa them...n a pair of scissors, some glue , threads..cut lotsa hearts the little ones, big ones, skinny ones, fat ones.. 2. Cut them free hand..drawing them takes more time and also its more fun cutting them free hand.. 3. I like...

Eye Exam!!!

So We went to Ophthalmologist(read eye doctor) today!!! It was my first real eye exam!!!and at 8.30 in morning..well I have nothing to say for that.. Hubby dearest was having his eyes tested so I tagged along with him.. I found it very funny and entertaining.. unlike the dental exams...:D..It went well!!! No specs yet..ALL IS WELL!! The difficult part was living with the dilated pupils for hours..At first when she squirted that yellow liquid and afterwards another one.. everything seemed normal..But when I couldn't even make out the date on my phone, it began to sink in... Imagine no laptop, no phone,no mails, NO FACEBOOK ;)... even cloudy Seattle seemed brighter..Everything was blurred..Even calling up my Maa was difficult as I couldn't make out her name!!!...It definitely took more than 3 hours that my doc said..:P.. n afterwards it wasn't much fun either...So I slept..Sleep is the best remedy to everything.. So my day started at 4 pm today..:D ...

Making Ghee (Clarified Butter) - From Butter

Indian Cuisine use Ghee in nearly every dish from savory Pulao/Biryanis to sweet Mithayis.  Traditionally in India Ghee is made from Cow's milk. Ghee has always been a sacred and celebrated symbol of auspiciousness, nourishment and healing; especially in the daily rituals of cooking and worship. It is thought of free from all impurities, milk residues(Lactose free), and moisture(high shelf life).                                            My mum makes Ghee from full cream that she carefully stores for days.  But here in US we don't cream when we heat the milk . So now I make Ghee at home from Unsalted butter which is quick and easy. I get unsalted butter from Costco...no one can beat Costco for their prices n quality. Ghee is clarified butter. and there is some difference between the two. Here's the process I use the make Ghee. 1. Get Uns...