Skip to main content

Of Roses n Rosettes..!!!

Happy Monday people!!!
Don't say Whats so happy about Monday..:D..
Well u can say that..I say that every Monday..
Mondays are lazy, sleepy, cranky...n what not..:D
I always have trouble getting up on Mondays...
So how did ur weekend go??
Mine went eating..Gluttony is my sin..for this weekend I would say..

So I have this pink hairclip from Foreever21..

I like wearing it.. n the fact I wore it yesterday with my french braided hair got me thinking of getting few more of these..
I made a rosette from my t-shirt some time back...So I thought why not..n made myself a hair clip from a scrap of dupoini silk fabric I had. It has a little shine to it.Looks classy...n it was soo simple to make it..

Things you need :-
1) Fabric Scrap
2) Glue
3) Hairclip(you can use snap clips or alligator clips). I had a snap clip with me..I lost its pair..So I used it for my rosette hairclip. You can get some from dollar stores too.

I Forgot to take snap while starting..:)
so maybe will post the tutorial when the next tyme I make it. Which I think will be doing verry soon..m verry much taken in by rosettes..:)
Here's my final hairclip..
 You can see my hair clip peeking from beneath the rosette.
Added a few stones too.Made it a little dresy..
Let me how u like it...
This was a quick think..took me minutes..n had fun while making it..
Will try n post a picture of wearing it..:)..will hv to ask hubby for it..:D
Thank you for reading..have a wonderful week ahaead..
I am already looking forward for next weekend..:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eye Exam!!!

So We went to Ophthalmologist(read eye doctor) today!!! It was my first real eye exam!!!and at 8.30 in morning..well I have nothing to say for that.. Hubby dearest was having his eyes tested so I tagged along with him.. I found it very funny and entertaining.. unlike the dental exams...:D..It went well!!! No specs yet..ALL IS WELL!! The difficult part was living with the dilated pupils for hours..At first when she squirted that yellow liquid and afterwards another one.. everything seemed normal..But when I couldn't even make out the date on my phone, it began to sink in... Imagine no laptop, no phone,no mails, NO FACEBOOK ;)... even cloudy Seattle seemed brighter..Everything was blurred..Even calling up my Maa was difficult as I couldn't make out her name!!!...It definitely took more than 3 hours that my doc said..:P.. n afterwards it wasn't much fun either...So I slept..Sleep is the best remedy to everything.. So my day started at 4 pm today..:D ...

I'm livin' in a house of love

So today I would like to share a little project I did a couple of days back... I am in love with love...:)..n I love taking photographs..So this project is the combination of two.. So for starters here's one more strip from love is .. series... We have a very narrow gallery wall in front our coat closet. Earlier I wanted to put some frames of our favorite photographs. But with only the frames, the wall looked a little empty. so I came up with the idea of adding something extra. I saw something similar on a blog  n wanted to make one for our home..Here's what I did.. 1. So I started with old newspaper,tissue papers, old printouts, catalogues, magazines, coupon booklet..anything that u fancy works...lotsa them...n a pair of scissors, some glue , threads..cut lotsa hearts the little ones, big ones, skinny ones, fat ones.. 2. Cut them free hand..drawing them takes more time and also its more fun cutting them free hand.. 3. I like...

Making Ghee (Clarified Butter) - From Butter

Indian Cuisine use Ghee in nearly every dish from savory Pulao/Biryanis to sweet Mithayis.  Traditionally in India Ghee is made from Cow's milk. Ghee has always been a sacred and celebrated symbol of auspiciousness, nourishment and healing; especially in the daily rituals of cooking and worship. It is thought of free from all impurities, milk residues(Lactose free), and moisture(high shelf life).                                            My mum makes Ghee from full cream that she carefully stores for days.  But here in US we don't cream when we heat the milk . So now I make Ghee at home from Unsalted butter which is quick and easy. I get unsalted butter from Costco...no one can beat Costco for their prices n quality. Ghee is clarified butter. and there is some difference between the two. Here's the process I use the make Ghee. 1. Get Uns...