Skip to main content

Yosemite Shuffle

"You guys went hiking??"A guy asked us just when we leaving a restaurant.
"Yes!!!" We said.
"We call that Yosemite shuffle :)". He said laughing at us.
Yosemite Shuffle " is what happens to you after you have hiked in Yosemite..You'll understand it once you have done it..
So we went to Yosemite this long weekend...
n we hiked...n hiked..n hiked...
We were there for 3 days in Yosemite. We did Panaroma Trail the first day..
Hiking Map(From Glacier Point to Happy Isles)

If you are in Yosemite I would highly recommend doing this hike..Worth every scrape, blister, soreness. Even if you end up walking like a zombie,dragging ur feet for next week and half, go for it..!Thats the "Yosemite Shuffle" that guy was talking about..:D..I am a hiking newbie..I like small hikes, on flat surfaces..so this was a big step for me...really a big deal..:)..
Do you see those 3 falls ~ the one on right, the left and in center, we crossed them all.

I know 9 miles in one day doesn't sound that intimidating to many but to us it seemed like we were never gonna see the end of the day..:D..It was mostly downhill, but it was hard on our knees n my toes. Trust me when I say it was bad. I even walked the end strech walking backwards as i just couldn't even walk downhill the normal way..I am never gonna underestimate any hike that says "its mostly downhill".
On top of that our water ended in between. Even the rationing(500 ml bottle between 6 ppl) of water didn't helped. If it wasn't for two  people on our hike who lend us water we definitely would have died exhaustion. No kidding..:D..They were really godsend..still with the new water supply we exhausted it quickly.
At end of day all we could think of was get down to a point where there was water,which was after 8 miles of hike..I just can't explain the feeling when we first saw the water faucet..:d..
For the rest of hike "Food" was our motivation. We just wanted some hot meal. so we walked more..:D..We even ran for shuttle bus(twice) with our sore, blistered legs so that we can get to some restaurant.Cheers to all the food n drink there is..Gobble..gobble...:D
After 3 days hiking, going to all the must do points in Yosemite, Just couldn't look at trail mix,bread- nutella or energy bars. I yearned for a good hot shower and snuggle up on our couch watching TV having "Dal-Chawal".I missed the city, cellphone signals, TV, blogging, food, Facebook.. All that traffic on road, the noise, the tasteless American food was more than welcome..:D....
So here I am sitting on my couch writing today's post...so thankful for the so called comforts/luxuries of life...:)...Loved each moment out in wilderness but want my comforts too..M asking too much??? who cares!!! Well at least I can rock a short skirt for a while now with all that toned legs..;)..
on that note,I bid adieu..the cartoon strips are from http://www.bootsmcfarland.com
keep walking..have a nice day...




Comments

Post a Comment

Have anything to say???

Popular posts from this blog

I'm livin' in a house of love

So today I would like to share a little project I did a couple of days back... I am in love with love...:)..n I love taking photographs..So this project is the combination of two.. So for starters here's one more strip from love is .. series... We have a very narrow gallery wall in front our coat closet. Earlier I wanted to put some frames of our favorite photographs. But with only the frames, the wall looked a little empty. so I came up with the idea of adding something extra. I saw something similar on a blog  n wanted to make one for our home..Here's what I did.. 1. So I started with old newspaper,tissue papers, old printouts, catalogues, magazines, coupon booklet..anything that u fancy works...lotsa them...n a pair of scissors, some glue , threads..cut lotsa hearts the little ones, big ones, skinny ones, fat ones.. 2. Cut them free hand..drawing them takes more time and also its more fun cutting them free hand.. 3. I like...

Eye Exam!!!

So We went to Ophthalmologist(read eye doctor) today!!! It was my first real eye exam!!!and at 8.30 in morning..well I have nothing to say for that.. Hubby dearest was having his eyes tested so I tagged along with him.. I found it very funny and entertaining.. unlike the dental exams...:D..It went well!!! No specs yet..ALL IS WELL!! The difficult part was living with the dilated pupils for hours..At first when she squirted that yellow liquid and afterwards another one.. everything seemed normal..But when I couldn't even make out the date on my phone, it began to sink in... Imagine no laptop, no phone,no mails, NO FACEBOOK ;)... even cloudy Seattle seemed brighter..Everything was blurred..Even calling up my Maa was difficult as I couldn't make out her name!!!...It definitely took more than 3 hours that my doc said..:P.. n afterwards it wasn't much fun either...So I slept..Sleep is the best remedy to everything.. So my day started at 4 pm today..:D ...

Making Ghee (Clarified Butter) - From Butter

Indian Cuisine use Ghee in nearly every dish from savory Pulao/Biryanis to sweet Mithayis.  Traditionally in India Ghee is made from Cow's milk. Ghee has always been a sacred and celebrated symbol of auspiciousness, nourishment and healing; especially in the daily rituals of cooking and worship. It is thought of free from all impurities, milk residues(Lactose free), and moisture(high shelf life).                                            My mum makes Ghee from full cream that she carefully stores for days.  But here in US we don't cream when we heat the milk . So now I make Ghee at home from Unsalted butter which is quick and easy. I get unsalted butter from Costco...no one can beat Costco for their prices n quality. Ghee is clarified butter. and there is some difference between the two. Here's the process I use the make Ghee. 1. Get Uns...